Your wedding day is here, and your a mix of nerves, excitement and emotions. Often I get asked what to expect on your wedding day, since I have been to a lot of brides wedding day. So I thought I would put together a few things I tell my brides on their big day.
The night before can be exciting, and overwhelming. All your friends and family are around, all your bridesmaids are in the same room (especially if they have come from overseas). It’s often when you want to stay up late chatting, and drinking wine. Here are my suggestions for the night before:
* Tell friends that you need some time with your bridesmaids (or alone if your that way inclined), so that your not bombarded with visitors, when all you need to do is relax.
* Don’t drink too much, you have a super long day ahead, and having a hang over isn’t going to make you feel any better.
* Have something of substance to eat. You may not feel like eating, but do. Your nerves will be all over the place, and your appetite is usually the first thing that will leave, but again, you have a long day ahead tomorrow and you need food.
* TRY and have an early night, even if you are just relaxing in bed, its better than nothing.
* Nows not the time to try any new facial treatment etc with your skin. Also, your hair and makeup artist should have given you instructions for your hair and skin for the next day, if not ask.
On the day.
* Make sure you have breakfast, and even though you may want to, I suggest do start drinking till at least midday. Alcohol and nerves don’t mix well, and I have had a case where the bride nearly toppled off my makeup chair due to drinking too much.
* Make sure you eat lunch, and have snacks and non alcoholic beverages around.
* Make sure you know what time your hair and makeup artist is coming, and have the space ready for them so they can get started. Also, make sure that the people who are up first are with you, so the artist can get started asap.
* Its a good idea to keep the amount of people in your room at a minimum, having lots of people in there is distracting and can make you feel overwhelmed. I usually suggest just having the morning with you and your bridesmaids.
* Its potentially going to get emotional, so make sure you have plenty of tissues around.