Check out my live stream I did talking about my tips and tricks for getting wedding ready.
Along side of choosing your photographer, venue and dress, just as important is who makes you look your best on your big day. Here are a few tips with choosing your Hair and Makeup Artist that will make you look stunning.
- Do you research. There are loads of hair and makeup artists out there to choose from. Spend some time, look at portfolios, ask around. Make sure to check out there Facebook page as well (if they have one), I often post pictures of my work on my Facebook page (Verdo Hair and Makeup), rather than onto my website, as they have been taken with my mobile phone and not good quality enough for my website.
- Make sure the style you are going for matches whats in their portfolio. Or if you are wanting something very different, then ask the artist if they are able to do this style for you. If not, a good hair and makeup artist will refer you onto someone they know and trust.
- Communicate with your Hair and Makeup artist. Ask questions, even if you feel your asking too much. You have to feel comfortable with her or him. Even though during peak season most hair and makeup artists are very busy, we will have the time to answer your questions.
- Have a trial with your potential hair and makeup artist, this is so important, and well worth the money. This gives both you and the artist a strong idea of what you are wanting on the day. It will also show you what you can look like. This is a great way to see if you are going to work well together on the day. Your artist should carry out a consultation with you before he or she applies any makeup.
- But most of all a skilled Hair and Makeup artist should do the following:
- Has the skills and professional products to keep your makeup looking fresh and flawless all day
- Understands how flash photography affects the appearance of makeup, therefore selects and supplies appropriate cosmetics
- Provides peace of mind and reassurance for those who lack confidence in their own appearance – they will put you at ease and assure you that you will look how you intend to
- Saves you time and money in researching and sourcing your own cosmetics
- Gives you professional one-to-one advice during your makeup trial, helping achieve the most from your beauty and skincare regime
- Is great for calming last minute nerves and will put any concerns at ease
- Provides an enjoyable pampering treatment so the bride can sit and relax